Last updated: 21 July, 2020
The outlook for the Centre is a little more positive, with more activities starting on Wednesday, 5 August. Unfortunately, there are still some activities that will not be able to recommence on that date. These activities will be looked at further in September.
Central Coast Council will inform us of the strategic changes for the following activities:
- Walkers Group
- Mobile Phone and Computer Classes
- Music Fun Group
- Mah Jong
- Cards – Euchre, Bolivia, Bridge, 500
- Variety Group
- Adult Day Care
- Friday afternoon Tea Dance
Until then, these groups will not be able to restart.
Tours: Social distancing on our buses prevent any trips for the foreseeable future.
As from 5 August, the Canteen will be open from 9.00am for tea, coffee and a packet of wrapped biscuits only. Cost will be $2.00.
All of the above can be changed at any time due to COVID, but we do hope that we will see you all very soon in the Centre. Until then, please take care.
Carmen – President
Current opening hours are:
- Monday – 8.00am to 3.00pm for Tai Chi, Yoga and Line Dancing
- Wednesday – 12.00 midday to 3.00pm for Line Dancing
- Friday – 9.00am to 1.00pm for Line Dancing
Numbers are limited at these activities and you should contact your Convenor before turning up to join an activity.
Please do not come to the Centre unless you are participating in one of those activities. If you have any enquiries, please ring the Centre on 4396 5075 during the above times.
As more information comes to hand, our website and Facebook page will be updated.
Things to be prepared for:
- Stay at home if you do not feel well;
- On entry you will need to sanitise your hands;
- Bring the right money to the class you’ll be attending;
- Bring your own equipment and water bottles – shared equipment such as water bubbler will not be available;
- Classes could be shorter – there will be fewer people attending each class so extra classes will be put on;
- Do not kiss or shake hands with your long lost friends!! Please remember that COVID-19 is still present and is a real risk to our community;
- Wash your hands often and very well – with soap and water for 20 seconds (the time it takes to sing the chorus of “We’ll meet again”);
- Cough or sneeze into your elbow even if you just have a tickly cough;
- Avoid touching your face when in public.
Rest assured we are keeping all our members safe during this time. If a member who has attended a class contracts COVID-19, the Centre will be closed for a thorough hygiene clean and all people who have attended the Centre 14 days prior to the case being identified will be notified.
If you have any concerns or questions please phone Service NSW on 13 77 88
or the Coronavirus helpline 1800 020 080
or check up-to-date information on the internet at:
1 Hargraves Street
(facing the Health Department building and Coles)
Phone: 02 4396 5075
Current opening hours: As shown above