Toukley 50 Plus Leisure & Learning Centre
Last updated: 2 February, 2021
The club where life begins at fifty
Welcome to our website. We are excited to be able to share with you the many activities and events offered by our Centre.
Toukley 50 Plus Leisure Centre is the largest Seniors Club in Australia. The members are from all corners of the world. We are united in the cause “old dogs can be taught new tricks” and life begins at 50!
The Centre is a fully self-funded not-for-profit organisation, run entirely by a dedicated group of volunteers.
Following the COVID lock-down, most of our activities are now back in action. So why not take a look around the website. There is bound to be an activity that you are interested in. If we you wish find out any further information about a particular activity, please contact our wonderful volunteers on our Reception Desk on 4396 5075.
Carmen – President
Things to be prepared for:
- Stay at home if you do not feel well;
- On entry you will need to sanitise your hands;
- Bring the right money to the class you’ll be attending
- Some classes could be shorter – there will be fewer people attending each class so extra classes will be put on;
- Do not kiss or shake hands with your long lost friends!! Please remember that COVID-19 is still present and is a real risk to our community;
- Wash your hands often and very well – with soap and water for 20 seconds (the time it takes to sing the chorus of “We’ll meet again”);
- Cough or sneeze into your elbow even if you just have a tickly cough;
- Avoid touching your face when in public.
Rest assured we are keeping all our members safe during this time. If a member who has attended a class contracts COVID-19, the Centre will be closed for a thorough hygiene clean and all people who have attended the Centre 14 days prior to the case being identified will be notified.
If you have any concerns or questions please phone Service NSW on 13 77 88
or the Coronavirus helpline 1800 020 080
or check up-to-date information on the internet at:
1 Hargraves Street
(facing the Health Department building and Coles)
Phone: 02 4396 5075
Opening hours: 8.00am to 3.00pm Monday to Friday