Toukley 50 Plus Leisure & Learning Centre
Last updated: 21 September, 2020
The only activities not returning are Bridge, Tuesday Fun Group and Adult Day Care.
There are some changes to time slots – Choir is now from 11am to 12.30pm in the Auditorium. Variety will follow Choir from 1.00pm to 3.30pm. When participating in these activities, social distance regulations must be adhered to.
Those card games returning are in their usual time slots.
When playing card games, the following COVID protocols must be adhered to:
- Social distancing rules must be maintained at all times. In the Dining Room, no more than four people are allowed at a table.
- Before the cards are dealt, each player must santise their hands.
- If a player changes tables they must, again, sanitise their hands.
- At the end of the game, cards should be placed in a bag and put to one side for at least 72 hours.
We have a new activity starting on Friday, 25 September. Our lovely exercise teacher, Dianne, will be running a Chair Exercise class in the Memorial Hall from 11.30am to 12.30pm. Cost of this activity is $7.00.
PLEASE REMEMBER: IF YOU ARE FEELING UNWELL, OR HAVE BEEN TO ANY OF THE HOT SPOTS, PLEASE DO NOT COME TO THE CLUB. THIS IS FOR THE SAFETY OF ALL OUR MEMBERS.
Carmen – President
Things to be prepared for:
- Stay at home if you do not feel well;
- On entry you will need to sanitise your hands;
- Bring the right money to the class you’ll be attending
- Some classes could be shorter – there will be fewer people attending each class so extra classes will be put on;
- Do not kiss or shake hands with your long lost friends!! Please remember that COVID-19 is still present and is a real risk to our community;
- Wash your hands often and very well – with soap and water for 20 seconds (the time it takes to sing the chorus of “We’ll meet again”);
- Cough or sneeze into your elbow even if you just have a tickly cough;
- Avoid touching your face when in public.
Rest assured we are keeping all our members safe during this time. If a member who has attended a class contracts COVID-19, the Centre will be closed for a thorough hygiene clean and all people who have attended the Centre 14 days prior to the case being identified will be notified.
If you have any concerns or questions please phone Service NSW on 13 77 88
or the Coronavirus helpline 1800 020 080
or check up-to-date information on the internet at:
1 Hargraves Street
(facing the Health Department building and Coles)
Phone: 02 4396 5075
Opening hours: 8.00am to 3.00pm Monday to Friday