Toukley 50 Plus Leisure & Learning Centre
Last updated: 11 July, 2020
The Centre partially opened on 6 July for limited activities. Please understand that we will not be able to open fully for some time yet due to social distancing restrictions and other safety measures that are in place for our own safety.
Current opening hours are:
- Monday – 8.00am to 3.00pm for Tai Chi, Yoga and Line Dancing
- Wednesday – 12.00 midday to 3.00pm for Line Dancing
- Friday – 9.00am to 1.00pm for Line Dancing
All members who participated in the activities were glad to be back. The screening and cleaning procedures worked very well.
Please do not come to the Centre unless you are participating in one of those activities. If you have any enquiries, please ring the Centre on 4396 5075 during the above times.
The Board of Management will meet on Thursday, 16 July to determine our next phase of opening. As activities start coming back, your Convenor will contact you with the details of your specific activity.
As more information comes to hand, our website and Facebook page will be updated.
Things to be prepared for:
- Stay at home if you do not feel well;
- Your temperature will be checked at the entry and you will need to sanitise your hands;
- Bring the right money to the class you’ll be attending;
- Bring your own equipment and water bottles – shared equipment such as water bubbler will not be available;
- The canteen will not be open for a while yet, also the dining room will be closed off so that we can minimise the areas that we have to frequently clean;
- Classes will be shorter – there will be fewer people attending each class so extra classes will be put on;
- Do not kiss or shake hands with your long lost friends!! Please remember that COVID-19 is still present and is a real risk to our community;
- Wash your hands often and very well – with soap and water for 20 seconds (the time it takes to sing the chorus of “We’ll meet again”);
- Cough or sneeze into your elbow even if you just have a tickly cough;
- Avoid touching your face when in public.
Rest assured we are keeping all our members safe during this time. If a member who has attended a class contracts COVID-19, the Centre will be closed for a thorough hygiene clean and all people who have attended the Centre 14 days prior to the case being identified will be notified.
If you have any concerns or questions please phone Service NSW on 13 77 88
or the Coronavirus helpline 1800 020 080
or check up-to-date information on the internet at:
1 Hargraves Street
(facing the Health Department building and Coles)
Phone: 02 4396 5075
Currrent 0pening hours: as shown above